Our newest major exhibit has now arrived. Built in 1956 the Hawker Hunter F6 spent the early part of its life with 111 Sqdn who flew Hunters as the Black Arrows aerobatic display team – before the formation of todays renowned Red Arrows. The Hunter was brought to the museum from Wellington, Somerset, after a tricky lifting operation by a very large crane. Transported to the museum on a low-loader it then had to be carefully lifted off by another crane, placed in position and the wings re-attached. The current location is not its final position however as it will be moved to another part of the museum when a suitable base has been prepared. At some point in this process it will be thoroughly cleaned and then re-painted in its final colours.